Why is it important to hire an Expert when dealing with mold in your Lakewood Ranch Home?
The IICRC outlines five major principles of mold remediation.
1. Make sure safety and health precautions are taken by cleanup professionals, such as the Expert Water Removal team. Mold- contaminated buildings can be associated with a number of health problems. Anyone involved in the mold remediation process must be protected from exposure through
a combination of practices and controls. We wear Tyvek suites and proper filtration masks to protect our team from mold spores.
2. A post-cleanup assessment by an independent environmental expert. An effective mold remediation cannot be developed without first determining the extent of the contamination to be removed. To ensure that remediation work is being properly performed, it is highly recommended that appropriate documentation of the remediation process be kept by project management.
3. Control of mold before it spreads further. Eliminating mold at the source of contamination is essential. Once mold spores spread through the air, it will be much more difficult to capture.
4. Oversee the proper physical removal of the mold. The mold must be physically removed from the structure. Attempts to isolate mold or remove signs of mold on the surface are not adequate. Note that bleach alone cannot kill mold.
5. Ensure that moisture is controlled to limit future contamination or recontamination. Mold growth is virtually inevitable if moisture is not controlled. Moisture problems must be identified, located and corrected or controlled as soon as possible.
Application of these principles may involve multiple disciplines and professionals from a wide range of restoration and indoor environmental fields.
Why use a certified mold remediation company?
The Expert Water Removal team understands the need for quick response. Immediate mold remediation is key to controlling any escalating costs. The longer the remediation is delayed, the higher the cost of restoration. We have the certifications and the knowledge to apply the restoration techniques required to return the items to their pre-loss condition. Give us a call for an evaluation, help is on the way (941) 358-9055.